If you’ve got your hands full with an ongoing project that is overwhelming you with trash, you may be asking yourself, “ how much does it cost to rent a dumpster in NJ?” Let us help you calculate how much it will cost you and introduce an alternative to renting a dumpster.
Reasons for Renting a Dumpster
You may have seen yard dumpsters parked in someone’s driveway or front lawn for a short period of time. What is the most common reason someone would need to find out how much it costs to rent a dumpster?
- Moving out of the house – If you have lived in a home for a long time, you may discover a lot of trash along the way as you are working to move your belongings out. For example, you evaluate items more closely when thinking if moving each thing into a new home is worth it. Trash can accumulate quickly during a move, which is why many people choose to rent a dumpster.
- Ongoing construction – Someone may choose to have a dumpster rental in the yard for ongoing projects. Remember, when calculating how much does it cost to rent a dumpster, you will pay a rental fee per day for having the dumpster in your yard. Evaluate if the convenience is worth a daily fee.
- Kitchen renovation – A kitchen renovation can accumulate a lot of trash with flooring, cabinets, appliances, sinks, and more getting tossed out. What do you do with all of the renovation debris?
- Pool removal – Taking a pool apart piece by piece and throwing the Chunks away can warrant having a dumpster on your property.
- Landscaping project – Trimming trees, clearing a piece of land for a patio or an open lawn, or enhancing your curb appeal can accumulate a pile of debris that will never fit in the trash can.
- New appliances – If you are getting all new appliances, the old appliances can go out in the dumpster instead of sitting unused in your garage for a year or two.
- Broken furniture – If your house is becoming a furniture graveyard, you may be ready to get rid of it all with a dumpster rental.
These are some reasons why people may choose residential dumpsters for their front yard. Some of the reasons make sense – others have a more practical alternative in junk removal services.
How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Dumpster?
There isn’t a flat fee for dumpster rental costs. If you want to find out how much does it cost to rent a dumpster, you’ll have to consider some factors:
- Size of the Dumpster: If you are getting rid of large items that won’t fit in a truck, you will likely be looking into a large dumpster to rent. It is better to overestimate than choose too small of a size and have to rent another dumpster because it didn’t get the job done.
- Rental Period: For ongoing projects like DIY construction or renovations, you may opt to have the roll-off dumpster rental on your property for an extended period. Remember, this can quickly increase the price of your dumpster rental. If you only need the dumpster on your property for a quick afternoon, look into junk removal services instead. Not only will the job get taken care of quickly at a comparable price, but you won’t have to do the heavy lifting.
- Dropoff and Delivery Pickup Availability: You have to abide by the rental company’s pickup and dropoff times when you schedule your dumpster rental. This can be frustrating, especially if you are moving and need the dumpster off the property the moment you are done moving out.
- Weight Limit: You may be charged extra or sign a contract stating you will not go over a certain weight limit. This cost is just another factor you have to monitor and be aware of in the midst of your project as you calculate how much it will cost to rent a dumpster.
- Hazardous Waste Capabilities: Do dumpster rentals allow you to toss in paint, oil, gas, or other hazardous materials? If you don’t read the fine print and dispose of toxic waste in the dumpster rental, there may be a hefty fine.
A dumpster rental company will not have a flat rate. Instead, there will be factors that determine how much it costs to rent a dumpster. If you seek a cheap dumpster rental, choose the smallest size for the shortest period of time.
The variable rate will also change the dumpster rental price whether you dispose of hazardous waste or require urgent pickup or dropoff times.
Dumpster Rental vs. Junk Removal Services
While you are looking into how much does it cost to rent a dumpster, also consider junk removal services. Junk removal includes hard workers that will come to your house and load up all of your waste into their trucks. They will take hazardous materials, furniture, appliances, debris, all of it. And you don’t have to worry about hauling it yourself.
Then they dispose of the materials in their rightful place, whether it be the recycling center, donation center, dump, or hazardous waste disposal center. So forget about driving all over town trying to find the right place for all of your junk. And stop worrying about the rules, timing, size, and eyesore associated with keeping a dumpster on your property for weeks at a time.
When to Choose Junk Removal Over Dumpster Rentals
The best time to choose junk removal instead of dumpster rentals is for junk ready to be hauled away. For example, if you are done with your yard renovation and have a big pile in the back of the yard that is ready to be hauled away, call the number, and the junk removal team will do the rest.
On the other hand, a dumpster rental can be more appealing if you have an ongoing construction project. If you can afford to keep the dumpster on your property and use it over time, that can be very convenient. You can also choose a designated area for the discarded trash and debris and call a junk removal team once the project is over. A one-time pickup will always be more cost-effective than renting a unit for a daily fee.
For example, consider your kitchen renovation. First, call the junk removal team at the beginning of the project to haul away the demo debris and old appliances. And then you can even call junk removal again at the end to load up your finishing touches, including the old sink, big boxes from new appliances and flooring, and old light fixtures or window coverings.
You don’t have to have a dumpster in your yard for weeks when you have a junk removal team on speed dial. Also, take advantage of the flexible scheduling and quick turnaround time.
Contact a Junk Removal Team
Do you want all the junk out of your house without doing the heavy lifting yourself? Junk-A-Haulics can show up and get your broken furniture, appliances, construction debris, and yard waste cleaned up and out of your hands in a matter of a few minutes.
Forget about renting a dumpster and slowly moving the junk off of your property. Choosing junk removal is a no-brainer, especially when you know you can trust the team. Contact Junk-A-Haulics for an estimate today!